For many weeks, our church did not in person due to COVID-19. But now, we have safely returned to in-person worship. While all of our plans beyond our Sunday morning gatherings remain fluid, we are excited to be moving forward. We are now hosting in-person, live worship services each Sunday morning, with an online option on Sunday evenings.
Along with meeting again comes an opportunity for us to demonstrate love for one another and to the world. We are living in a time when there is a wide range of opinions concerning the return to in-person gatherings and how that should be done. Overwhelmingly, we have heard a desire to get back to in-person church and the strong value placed on being together in community. Moving forward, we must show grace to each other and show the world the unity that can be found in Christ, even among our diversity.
Regardless of the positions you hold concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, every person and every family will have to make decisions that are best for their situation. We respect whatever decision you make, and we are working hard to create worship options that support that range of decisions.
Here is what our in-person worship will look like:
- We currently have three in-person services at 8:30AM, 10AM, and 11:30AM.
- Registration is required to attend and seating is limited.
- Registration opens Monday at 10AM. Register above or on our Summit Church App.
- Summit Kids programming is paused for the remainder of 2020. Kids will join us in our Family Worship Services.
- We have an unstaffed nursery open in Room 102 where you can watch and hear the service via TV.
- Families will sit together in the Worship Center.
- Chairs will be spaced appropriately for social distance.
- Wearing masks indoors is highly recommended, but not required.
- Kids activity sheets and crayons will be available for families.
- Services will be approximately 60 minutes.
Precautions we are taking:
- If you are not feeling well or are uncomfortable coming to the building, please worship with us online. (We will stream our recorded worship at 6PM on Sunday evenings on YouTube.)
- While a few Sunday morning offsite classes for adults have resumed, our Sunday morning preteen class has not.
- We will practice physical distancing of 6 feet while indoors (families sit together).
- High-contact areas like bathrooms, door handles, countertops and furniture will be wiped down before and after services.
- We have hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Church staff and our greeting volunteers will be wearing masks.
- Our greeter team will great you with a smile and a wave.
- Entry doors will either be propped open or held by a volunteer.
- Water fountains are currently not available.
- In place of Summit Notes handouts, information is made available on our Summit App.
- We have installed new touch-free giving boxes in our Worship Center. Offering plates will not be passed.