For many weeks, our church has not met in person due to Covid-19. But now, we believe we can safely return to in-person worship. While all of our plans remain fluid, we are excited to be moving forward. We are now hosting in-person, live worship services each Sunday morning, with an online option on Sunday evenings.
These coming weeks are an opportunity for us to demonstrate love for one another and to the world. We are living in a time when there is a wide range of opinions concerning the return to in-person gatherings and how that should be done. Overwhelmingly, we have heard a desire to get back to in-person church and the strong value placed on being together in community. Moving forward, we must show grace to each other and show the world the unity that can be found in Christ, even among our diversity.
Regardless of the positions you hold concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, every person and every family will have to make decisions that are best for their situation. We respect whatever decision you make, and we are working hard to create worship options that support that range of decisions.
Here is what our in-person worship will look like:
- We will have two in-person services at 8:30AM and 10AM.
- Registration is required to attend and seating is limited.
- Registration opens Monday at 10AM. Register here or on our Summit Church App to register.
- Summit Kids and nurseries will not be open at this time, but we encourage families to attend!
- Families will sit together in the Worship Center.
- Chairs will be spaced appropriately for social distance.
- Wearing masks indoors is highly recommended, but not required.
- Kids activity sheets and crayons will be available for families.
- Services will be under an hour, between 50-60 minutes.
Precautions we are taking:
- If you are not feeling well or are uncomfortable coming to the building, please worship with us online. (We will stream our recorded worship at 6PM on Sunday evenings on Facebook and YouTube.)
- Summit Kids and nursery rooms will not be open at this time.
- Sunday morning offsite and on-campus classes for adults and preteens are currently not available.
- We will practice physical distancing of 6 feet while indoors (families sit together).
- Chairs in the worship center will be spaced appropriately for social distance.
- High-contact areas like bathrooms, door handles, countertops and furniture will be wiped down before and after services.
- We have hand sanitizer stations throughout the building.
- Church staff and volunteers will be wearing masks.
- Our greeter team will great you with a smile and a wave.
- Entry doors will either be propped open or held by a volunteer.
- Coffee will not be served, and water fountains will be unavailable.
- In place of Summit Notes handouts, information is made available on our Summit App.
- We have installed new touch-free giving boxes in our Worship Center. Offering plates will not be passed.