We are hosting in-person worship services each Sunday morning, with an online re-broadcast option on Sunday evenings.
In-person services come with an opportunity for us to demonstrate love for one another and to the world. We are living in a time when there is a wide range of opinions concerning in-person gatherings and how they should be done. Overwhelmingly, we have heard and felt a desire to return to in-person church and the strong value placed on being together in community. However, we must show grace to each other and show the world the unity that can be found in Christ, even among our diversity.
Regardless of the positions you hold concerning the COVID-19 pandemic, every person and every family will have to make decisions that are best for their situation. We respect whatever decision you make, and we are working hard to create worship options that support that range of decisions.
Here is what in-person worship looks like:
- Since April 11, we returned to two in-person Worship Services: 9AM & 10:45AM.
- Full Summit Kids programming has resumed for infants through 4th grade during each Sunday service.
- Chairs are spaced into family groupings in the Worship Center.
- Wearing masks indoors is recommended, but not required.
Precautions we are taking:
- If you are not feeling well or are uncomfortable coming to the building, please worship with us online. (We will stream our recorded worship service at 6PM on Sunday evenings on YouTube.)
- While a few Sunday morning offsite classes for adults have resumed, our Sunday morning preteen class has not.
- High-contact areas like bathrooms, door handles, countertops and furniture will be wiped down before and after services.
- Hand sanitizer stations are available throughout the building.
- Church staff and our greeting volunteers will be wearing masks.
- Our greeter team will great you with a smile and a wave.
- Entry doors will either be propped open or held by a volunteer.
- In place of Summit Notes handouts, information is made available on our Summit App.
- We have installed new touch-free giving boxes in our Worship Center. Offering plates will not be passed.